soulful

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

When human beings are to be feared the most......

Its 8:08 pm as per the clock in my comp. I am still at office. At 6:06 pm there was the first blast at Khar......Yes .....today is the day the blasts happened....seven in all.....Pooja (She works for me)....called up from Bandra station to give us the terrible news.....I did not take it too seriously at that time.....but as time passed and I caught some news on NDTV, it started getting on my nerves.....scary to watch people (actually limbs) being bundled up and carried in bags.......I felt nauseated and wanted to cry...but then I guess that would not have helped.......

Why do human beings act even worse than animals .....Even animals that hunt other animals for food only do so when they are hungry......The strike on Sunday....unnecessary burning of buses because some Politician's wife's statue was smeared with mud by some guy whose whereabouts are unknown..even today.....but, that was more than reason enough for the political party to burn buses (thankfully not people!).......and pelt stones at passers by.....

I fear ghosts (read my earlier entry)...but after seeing all this, I think I fear Human Beings more......Terrorists...they claim they fight for a cause.....but what cause can justify murdering one's own species....greed, freedom, envy...sometimes nothing at all.....I feel repulsed at the thought......Makes me want to do.....actually nothing all....pity huh?? Its the same with the whole world....

While I am at it...let me talk a little bit about how much I have begun detesting news channels....Nothing infuriated me more than the way the strike was sensationalised on tv.....My parents stay in Chennai....the only way they can get to know about the haps at Mumbai is through the news ...and showing the same bus that got burnt in the morning at 7 p.m. in the evening does NOT help....My mom was paranoid...as she is right now...worried about my safety...she is calling me every 15 minutes trying to find out if everything is ok......I am sure her fears have been magnified a couple of million times owing to the ghory sights shown in one of these shoddy news channels.....

I am not scared now...just disgusted....with myself and the perpetrators of these henious crimes..... Simply DISGUSTED.......

1 Comments:

Blogger sankey said...

LOL, nice post. gud to see tht u've begun to love mumbai... eventually everyone does :P and i dnt say this cos i'm a mumbaikar but cos i've seen many of my workmates go thru the same.. and now after having moved to other cities they call up and say they miss the city and the frenetic pace :)

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home