soulful

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Chronicles of Self Revelation.....

Yo...wassup...hope the world around you has not changed much and if it has..hope you remember what it was like....it is this very thought that has prompted to record the current 'ME'...so one year down the line, i can read up on this and gauge how I have grown and changed....
I have never really thought that some of the things included below can actually be termed as things that define me...but I guess they do....

I am: Angel (guess thats never gonna change (DUH!))
I work for : Citibank as Asst. Manager , Operations and Technology
I stay in: Singapore
Things I love to eat: As most people think, its not salads (that I eat coz I need to stay in shape). I love rice, Noodles (all carbs!) and vegetables. And give me the quintessential south indian 'Thair Saadam' (Curd Rice) and 'Oorugai' (Pickle) any day....yummmmm
My favourite colour: Red, Black.
My favorite actor/actress: Bollywood - Actor: Shahrukh Khan Actress: Kajol Hollywood: Actor: Tom Hanks (for his acting) and matthew mcconaughey(coz he is like super hot! and I love his acting in the movie 'A time to Kill') Actress: Charleze Theron
I love watching: Comedies that don't involve any thinking...nothing heavy...,..life is too complicated as it is...and its supposed to be ENTERTAINMENT DUUUHHH!..... Some War movies (The Great Raid, Behind Enemy Lines), Epic movies (300, Gladiator, Alexander) and of-course Chick-flicks.
My favourite passtime: Watching TV. I loooove sitcoms - Current favs include 'Less than Perfect', 'Yes Dear'. Reigning favorite - American Idol, it is just inspiring.Also love the Ellen Degeneres Show. Hate serials...dont have the patience to actually watch it every week, barring American Idol (Period).
My Best Friend: Kiran Puttagunta.He stays in the US and is looking for an eligible girl to get married to. We know each other for the last 8 years since engineering college.
I love to listen to: Rock and Metal. Favorites - Metallica, Niravana, Alanis Morisette, Megadeth, Avril Lavigne, Linkin Park, Pink Floyd, Iron Maiden, Pearl Jam, Aha, extremes, Radiohead..Long list. I HATE HIP HOP.
I am obsessed with:Staying in shape.If my weighing points to anything more than 54 kgs, I get paranoid and quit eating for the next 4 days. I currently weigh 56 kgs and am trying real hard to lose weight. but my favorite foods (as quoted above) cause a conflict of Interest.
I am a hardcore Feminist and would not bear to hear the 'there are some things that women cannot do' Jazz from any bloke.
I looove kids ..if they are in someone else's lap... With kids, I believe in the concept of 'Good from FAR and when near, FAR from good'. So I prefer looking at them and saying 'Shhhooo Shhhwweeet'. PERIOD.
I Like reading: FICTION. Dont like the heavy thick, Management Guru type books. THEY SUCK! Currently Reading: Freakonomics- Stephen Dubner and Steven Levitt. This is a good book.
I thrive on: Competition. It is the one thing that can make me stretch that extra 200 miles and at the same time frustrate me to tears. I welcome it anyways.
I am slightly pessimistic in nature and always think of and imagine the worst things possible. Its my way of being prepared for it.I am working on changing this trait of mine and hopefully, when I read this blog next year, things would have changed for the better.
I love to travel but need to probed into it.
I have absolutely no sense of distance and Direction. I would be as lost with a map as i would be without one.
I cherish a dream of learning to play the guitar and have my own band in the next couple of years.

I once heard "Growing up in about about finding out that what you said 10 mins back is more stupid than what you said just now and just now would mose certainly be more stupid than 10 mins later... and this is coz you learn and grow with every passing minute". Bottomline, growing up is all about improvement.... So hope to have improved myself in a year from now....

Astala vista Baby....I'LL BE BACK!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Long time no hear huh... Didn't know u were in Singapore neither that u were a hardcore feminist... 'nyways whose bothered about feminism. Metal rules forever huh?

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home